Last Updated: 16 October 2020
InfoQuest Limited (referred to as “InfoQuest”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) respect the privacy rights of our users and are strongly committed to protecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement explains how InfoQuest collects, uses, shares, and retains personal information in connection with our websites, mobile sites, applications, mobile applications, products, software, services, conferences, events, electronic newsletters or communications (collectively “Services”) that links to this Privacy Statement. If there is a conflict between this Privacy Statement and InfoQuest Services subscription agreement, the Services subscription agreement will prevail.
1. Collection of Personal Information
We collect your personal information in several ways:
1.1 Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you are specifically interacting with us and which Services you are using, which may include:
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, social media handles, and similar contact data.
- Account login credentials and security-related information, such as usernames and passwords, authentication methods, roles, and similar data.
- Service-related information including purchase history and profile information, such as job title, and similar data.
- Billing-related information including payment and billing information, and similar data.
- User content, such questions, suggestions, comments, feedback, and other information that you provide to us when you contact us, and similar data.
- Interests and communication preferences, including preferred language.
- Demographic Information, such as country, age and date of birth, marriage status, gender, physical characteristics, personal or household/familial financial status and metrics, military status, and similar data.
- Career, Education, and Employment Related Information, such as job preferences or interests, work performance and history, salary history, nationality and immigration status, demographic data, disability-related information, application information, professional licensure information and related compliance activities, accreditations and other accolades, education history (including schools attended, academic degrees or areas of study, academic performance, and rankings), and similar data.
1.2 Information We Automatically Collect from You
We may automatically collect information about you when you use our Services, which may include:
- Browser and Device Information, such as browser type and version, device, device location, application, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language and time zone settings, other technical information , advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information, and similar data.
- Computer, Network and Connection Information, such as Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, and similar data.
- Usage Information and Browsing History, such as user’s content interactions, advertising interactions, usage metrics, and similar data.
1.3 Information You Share on Third-Party Websites or through Social Media Services.
The Services may include links to third-party websites and social media services where you will be able to post comments, stories, reviews or other information outside of InfoQuest’s control. Your use of these third-party websites and social media services may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these third-party websites and social media services. InfoQuest is not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the third-party websites and social media services with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those third-party websites and social media services.
1.4 Information from Your Organization and Third Parties
We may obtain personal information about you from the organization with which you are employed or affiliated in order to activate and manage your access to and use of the organization’s subscription to our Services, which may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, job title and organizational email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Organizational username and user ID
We also may obtain contact details and other information about you from other third parties, which may include:
- Service providers and business partners who work with us in relation to our Services and that we may utilize to deliver certain content, products, or services or to enhance your experience.
- Third parties and affiliates who resell or integrate with our Services.
- Marketing, sales generation, and recruiting business partners.
- Government agencies and others who release or publish public records.
- Social networks when you grant permission to the Services to access your data on one or more networks.
- Businesses with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Other publicly or generally available sources, such as social media sites, public and online websites, open databases, and data in the public domain.
2. How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Services, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Services;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download, subscription or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Services working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Services and our other products, events, and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the Services more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates, news, and other announcements related to InfoQuest, the Services, and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Services and your interests;
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties such as sponsors;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as drawings, sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are an administrator of an organization with a subscription to the Services, we will use your details to communicate with you about your organization’s subscription and related services. If you supply us contact information of your colleagues, we may contact those individuals with communications about the Services that may include reference to you.
3. How We Share Your Information
We share personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and with the following categories of recipients:
- Your Organization and Contacts.
We may share your personal information with your organization and others with whom you have a relationship in order to fulfill or perform a contract or other legal obligation, including with our customer that arranges access to our Services for you and pays us in connection with your access. We may also share your personal information with your contacts if you are in the same organization or to facilitate the exchange of information between you and the contact(s).
- Our Business Partners.
We may share your personal information with our business partners to jointly offer, provide, deliver, analyze, administer, improve, and personalize products or services (including these Services) or to host events. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these business providers.
- Social Media Providers.
We may work with certain third party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies.
- Third Party Information Providers.
We may share your personal information with our third party information providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing, delivering, analyzing, administering, improving, and personalizing content that are delivered as part of our Services. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these information providers.
- Third Party Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with our third party service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in offering, providing, delivering, analyzing, administering, improving, and personalizing our Services. For example, service providers who assist us in performing, delivering, or enhancing certain products and services related to our delivery and operation of our Services, who provide technical and/or customer support on our behalf, who provide application or software development and quality assurance, who provide tracking and reporting functions, research on user demographics, interests, and behavior, and other products or services. These third party service providers may also collect personal information about or from you in performing their services and/or functions on our Services. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these third party service providers.
We may share your personal information with advertisers, advertising exchanges, and marketing agencies that we engage for advertising services, to deliver advertising on some of our Services, and to assist us in advertising our brand and products and services. Those advertising services may also target advertisements on third party websites based on cookies or other information indicating previous interaction with us and/or our Services.
- What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored in text files that are saved on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to remember you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”).
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used during the course of your visit to the Website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within our Website and remain on your desktop or mobile device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for you while visiting our Website or using our Services.
Cookies may be set by the website (“first-party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”). These third parties can recognize you when you visit our website and also when you visit certain other websites.
- What type of cookies do we use?
– Necessary Cookies
Necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our websites and using its features. For example, these cookies let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access the content.
– Functionality cookies
Functionality cookies let us operate our Services in accordance with the choices you make. For example, we will recognize your username and remember how you customized the websites and Services during future visits.
– Analytical cookies
These cookies enable us and third-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use our Services. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience of the websites and Services.
– Advertising cookies
These cookies are used to display relevant advertising to users who use our Services, as well as to understand and report on the efficacy of ads served on our Services. They track details such as the number of unique visitors, the number of times particular ads have been displayed, and the number of clicks the ads have received. They are also used to build user profiles, including showing you ads based on products or services you have viewed or acts you have taken on our (and other) websites and services. These are set by us and trusted third party networks, and are generally persistent in nature.
– Social media cookies
Third-party cookies from social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, etc) let us track social network users when they visit our websites, use our Services or share content, by using a tagging mechanism provided by those social networks.
These cookies are also used for event tracking and remarketing purposes. Any data collected with these tags will be used in accordance with our and social networks’ privacy policies.
- What are your cookie options?
If you don’t like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features our websites and Services offer.
5. Modifications to This Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes will be posted on this page with an updated revision date. Such changes will be effective upon posting.
Depending on the specific Service you are using or specific interactions you have with us, we may provide different or supplemental privacy statements that describe and govern how we use your personal information. When we do so, those different or supplemental privacy statements apply to that specific Service you are using or those specific interactions you have with us.
If there is any conflict between the Thai version of our Privacy Statement and the English version, the Thai version controls.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.